Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: White Horse Walking Holidays
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:56 am 

Hi all,

I'm a walker (have walked The Ridgeway and White Horse Trail) and have just started up a walking holiday B&B business. We're in Devizes, Wiltshire, and offer the opportunity either to walk the White Horse Trail (with daily transport provided) or go on lots of lovely walks in the area, many right from our door.

I'm trying to promote this area as it's really interesting with lots of history, varied scenery and very unspoilt. Hardly any walkers around most of the time so lots of peace and quiet.

There's loads of info on my website:
http://www.whitehorsewalking.co.uk

Please let me know what you think - I'm new to this and offering a personalised service with walks to suit individual guests. I'm getting good feedback from guests but letting people know about what we're offering is the tricky bit! Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 am 

Devizes is a historic market town just a mile from South down in Wilt Shire, England. There are many beautiful old buildings pubs, cafes, shops & restaurants. The market cross, Kennett and Avon Canal are lovely places to see for visitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:16 am 

I saw this post and thought perhaps I shoudl offer a little update now we have been open a bit longer. It's gone well - we also do standard B&B without the walking services. We have a 4 star award from visit Britain, along with Walkers and Cyclists Welcome and now a Silver award from Green Tourism. We reduced our wlaking hol prices to bring them more in line with the B&B prices - we make a small additional fee which covers the extra time and expenses.

Post subject: Re: White Horse Walking Holidays
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:57 pm 

Well, here I am again after a few years.......

Business is booming and we get lots of walkers staying, as well as cyclists, tourists and people working locally or visiting friends and family nearby. We now offer use of our maps and walks free to anyone staying on a B&B basis. We just don't have time to write new walks or test old ones.

We did attain gold with the Green Tourism Business Scheme but have given that up now as it's expensive - but we're still green. We've made lots of improvements over the past few years and are now 4 star silver with Visit England. But we don't mind people arriving wet and muddy if the weather's against them. :D

www.whitehorsewalking.co.uk

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]