Change font size
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Meet the legend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:54 pm 

ImageI'm the legend that isn't Tex Gore, the multi-talentless man of mystery often referred to in Lone Walkers many and varied jaunts. I might be, in part, to blame for all this. After joining LW for a few somewhat uninspiring shuffles around Tatton Park in Cheshire, I persuaded him to come up to the Lake District and do one of my favourite little fells; to the Beacon overlooking the whole of Coniston Water. It's a great walk and one I must have done 4 times over the last 8 years, such is the reward to effort ratio..

Anyway since then it's quite obviously fair to say the bug bit, and his well trodden (but often replaced for a pair to match the latest fells-chic) boots have probably clocked up almost as many miles as mine, despite the many years I've spent trudging from hostel to hostel (or hostelry to hostelry).

Anyway all that rubric rather beautifully told you nothing whatsoever about me. I have a login on here now, and will soon be publishing the 'top 10 need to know falsities in LW's walking logs' to redress some of the imbalance owing to the terrible slurs he has imposed upon me in these journals. I'd be quite hurt if I cared.

Hit the hills, not a lizard.

www.texgore.co.uk

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]