Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Walking in Pinoso Spain
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm 

Today I set out from my house deep in the countryside of Spain for a lovely walk.
I didn’t have a specific destination in mind, but wanted to walk a bit before finding a lovely spot to paint. So I walked along a rough track towards a nature reserve.
It was such a pleasant day for September warm sunshine but not too hot, just right for a walk.
I noticed cars moving along a distant down in the valley and thought how lucky I was to be here walking breathing in the clean fresh air.
This started me thinking:
Some people are probably sitting watching the television right now, maybe eating plates full of fatty foods or nibbles, but I was walking and burning off fat.
Many busy people are stressed about something or other, but I am walking and taking my time to enjoy every moment.
Thousands of people all over the world are sat at their computers, but I am getting some good weight controlling exercise.
Millions of people are stuck in stuffy offices, but I am walking and taking time to enjoy some of the best things in life.
A large bird of pray hovered above on a current of air so I stopped for a while, taking time to watch it disappear and marvel at all the beauty surrounding me.
I walked for an hour, then sat on an old stone wall to paint an olive grove and a derelict stone house in total silence except for the insects and birds and then walked for another hour to get back home, tired but so relaxed and very happy.
I don’t walk this much every day as I have paintings to do, art classes to teach and holidays to organize but I walk as much as I can, and the dogs love it too!
After all, walking is inexpensive once you have good footwear, sunglasses, a sun hat, and a bottle of water.
Invariably you spend nothing on a walk, but you do consume lots of fresh clear air. You feel like you have everything!
by Linda

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]