Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]

Should we have an "Accommodation Guide" section?
Poll ended at Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 pm
No 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Yes 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Perhaps, depends on how you work it. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Suggestion for new forum section - what do you think?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was thinking of starting an "Accommodation Guide" section?

Not related to a particular LDP, but as an aid to finding reliable accommodation all across the country. A grand scheme I know, but from small acorns and all that.

I also realise this is not a new idea and other people have similar guides already, but it may be a useful addition in the long run?

Not sure about this next bit, but we could also open this section up to B&B owners and allow them to post comments, availability, special offers etc. I wouldn't want it turning into advert city, but there may be some room for them.

I'll make this a poll thread, but please post your comments as well as your vote - interested in anything that makes the board more "sticky".

Last edited by Lone Walker on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:12 pm 

"" but we could also open this section up to B&B owners and allow them to post comments, availability, special offers etc. ""

++++++++++++++++++

That sounds like a good idea, maybe the walkers who do the routes and stop in B&Bs, could put pass on the Site Address to mine Hosts.
Getting them on board as members could prove to be very Beneficial to the growth in numbers, and the amount of info it would bring to the site would work in their favour as well as ours.

So its a yes for me.

Never take life too seriously, nobody ever gets out alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:11 am 

good idea

how we all feel about the places we stay in is quite subjective, some like Laura Ashley and teddy bears others don't so it should be as balanced as possible reflecting positive as well as negative opinions, could be difficult in the case of a pub in Buckden though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:19 am 

That pub in Buckden certainly gets some stick I must go and check it out for myself sometime :lol:

I think an Accommodation section would be great, it's alway good to know what people think of a place and it would maybe help to boost the business of many B&B's or not depending on the feedback :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:20 pm 

I'd have no problem with a Recommended Accommodation section.

Not so certain about opening it up to B&B owners - though I think I could be convinced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:20 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I say yes. However,I am finding the prices of the B&B's along the C2C have shot up since two years ago. Whether or not my friends will do it next year,I don't know,but I am still going to do it.
Nimrod :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:14 pm 

would make one suggestion - once the section has enough guest houses with reviews would it be better seperating it into the different walks or regions??

We will post ours over the weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:09 pm 

I'm in favour of having an accommodaton section, and allowing B&B owners to be allowed to contribute. As an independent site the comments should be free of any editing or deletions, which is good, but I think B&B owners are entitled to reply to any criticisms made. I agree with k&l that splitting it up into walks would be most helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:44 am 

Sounds fine to me too...

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:54 pm 

As a B&B owner I personally would be reluctant (at this point) for me to post anything that would seen to promote or even mention my establishment as experience tells me (using other sites) anything written on these forums is seen by some to be classified as open season even with very little information to go on. Resulting in trying to shoot the person/establishment down in flames. Often with an overwhelming amount of evidence and opinion against them they still persist causing damage to ones reputation. Even a recent attempt to promote the area (with many very good B&Bs) there was a viciousness using language and innuendo that, quite frankly was nothing short of disgraceful. In short, I am happy to leave it to those using my establishment to post the merits (or otherwise) of my B&B.
Good luck and keep up the good work on what is shaping up to be a decent forum, don't let it go down hill (like another site seems to be headed)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve

I read the comments your post received on the other site and wasn't surprised to see which poster it was basking in his self-produced sunlight :P

I'm sure no-one wants this site to become a classified index for B&B owners, but there is now a dedicated section for these people to post information into (click here). I should add this is not for blatant advertising purposes, but for information relating to your establishment, you may think is useful to the members of the forum. I leave it up to the discretion of the member to decide what that is.

As a forum member you are also welcome to post other topics and replies into any other section.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]