Change font size
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Long Distance Walk in aid of Royal British Legion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:41 pm 

Hi, my name's Stu, and I live in sunny Doncaster here in South Yorkshire. I'm a keen walker, and want to raise money for the Royal British Legion by organising and completing a series of long distance walks. For the first walk, to be completed next year, I'm looking at 75 to 100 miles on the east Trans Pennine Trail, from Doncaster to Hull via either Selby or York. I've built a website to help me raise funds for the event, but I'm not taking sponsorship until the event plans are finalised.

I'm posting here to ask if this is something that any of you guys would be interested in getting involved with? The first walk will be around late Aug/ early Sept of next year. I'd love to have some other walkers join in, and help raise some cash for an excellent charity, it could be for the full walk or any stage of it. If you know anyone who fancies a bit of a challenge and may be interested, then please do spread the word.

The website addy is: http://opsorefeet.info.

If anyone wants to have a chat with me about the plans, then my contact details are on the site.

Thanks,

Stu

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]