Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: LEJOG A BIT
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:50 pm 

Land’s End here I come!

On the 10th of June I travel on four trains and one bus to get me to the start of the next leg of my LEJOG.
After past walks including the Pennine Way and the Offa’s Dyke I am hoping that by the end of this year to have completed all sections between Land’s End and Kirk Yetholm in Scotland: just the slight matter of the extra 400 odd miles to John o’Groats for the future! :roll:
From Land’s End I’ve decided to take the scenic switchback north on the South West Coast
Path. Having got to Barnstable I will head over Exmoor, then the Quantocks, and finish up just north of the Mendips in Somerset. :D

Post subject: Re: LEJOG A BIT
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 pm 

The "Switchback" can be a bit of an understatement at times especially if the path is wet but I hope that it stays dry for you. Good luck and good walking, there are some lovely views along the way.

Having attempted LEJOG and not been successful (shorthand for failed) I intend to do it in parts as well. I have already walked the SWCP and I am walking Offa's Dyke next month, I have also walked the Pennine Way, West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. So I "just" need to do the bit from the Minehead to Offa's Dyke, Prestatyn to Edale and then Inverness to JOG.

Post subject: Re: LEJOG A BIT
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:46 am 

I remember reading about your SWCP walk; what an achievement!
To get from Minehead to Chepstow I found Andy Robinson’s route a nice ribbon of green through most of the urban sprawl.
You are in for a treat with the Offa’s Dyke, a tremendous variation of terrain and interesting towns to pass through. Happy walking. :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]